Phone: 701-347-5352 ext: 2059
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors degree - University of Northern Colorado Visual Arts minor
My name is Chris Hahn and this is my 23rd year of teaching elementary physical education. Our "phy ed" program is fitness based and strives to give students opportunities to lead healthy lives by focusing on 5 mojor areas.
My goal for our fitness program would be to create a program that is the first of it’s kind. A hybrid of teaching movement skills, nutrition components, ropes course challenges, and incorporating technology that creates the ultimate physical education experience. Create something that would be accessible to students with disabilities as well as private community groups who want to experience something that will promote living a healthy lifestyle.
Our program focus:
- To improve students’ nutrition habits
- To align district curriculum to the North Dakota state standards for physical education
- To provide an equal opportunity for all students to have access to fitness programs
- To provide increased opportunities to reduce obesity trends through technology
- To demonstrate a link between an improvement in fitness levels and academic success
I look forward to an exciting year and stop by the gym if you want to students in action but bring your tennis shoes... you might just want to join in!