Model of Instruction
Each grade level will come up with home-based “Opportunities for Learning.” At this time, we will plan out one week at a time. Teachers will work remotely and are expected to be available for indirect contact from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm all contracted days.
- Teachers will communicate daily with families utilizing the Seesaw platform.
- Teachers will be available three consistent consecutive hours daily as set within their grade level. This time will be posted to parents.
- Teachers will make direct and personal contact through technology with each student/family on a weekly basis.
- Teachers will provide IEP/504 accommodations according to the IEP guidelines on mainstream classroom activities to students that require modified instruction.
- Reading (with actual books or online) and writing should be a priority; paired activities with the reading are at the teacher’s discretion.
- Teachers will brainstorm ways students can access materials, including books (i.e., online offerings, book pick-up times, etc.).
- Although online resources are nearly infinite, some of our families do not have access to these resources; please take this into consideration and prepare alternative learning activities for these students.
- Visuals/Videos/Audio / Virtual Field Trips -Meet all learning styles and hands-on lab needs.
Central Cass School District will continue to follow our policies, practices, and grading structure during closure due to a pandemic/epidemic. We understand that mastery is the goal and quality of quantity is important.
- PreK-Grade 5 utilizes a standards-based grading system based upon a three trimester year.
Teachers will use the following for assessments
- Distance learning quizzes/tests
- Electronic/delivery of assignments
- Online tools
- Regular actionable feedback
- Any combination of the above